Scan the code above to download contact info
Recent News Published by Thomas H. Welby
- 03/16/2018 - NYC Local Law 81 Expands Requirements and Duties for...
- 02/21/2018 - The Expanding Use of "Virtual Reality" Technology in...
- 01/16/2018 - Perils of the "Unpreventable Employee Misconduct" Defense
- White Plains Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- International Mediation Institute
- General Contractors Association of New York
- Dispute Resolution Board Foundation
- Construction Management Association of America
- Construction Industry Council of Westchester & Hudson Valley, Inc.
- Building Contractors Association
- American Bar Association
- American Arbitration Association
Thomas H. Welby
Thomas H. Welby is a Partner at Welby, Brady & Greenblatt, LLP where he provides counsel on all aspects of construction law including contract disputes, public bidding, mechanic’s liens and construction claims. He represents general contractors, subcontractors, owners, developers, sureties, suppliers and engineers in transactional matters as well as the prosecution and defense of claims in litigation, arbitration and mediation. Notable cases Mr. Welby has brought include West-Fair Electric Contractors v. Aetna, Waltech Construction v. Town of Thompson and Beninati Roofing v. Gelco Builders.
Prior to working in construction law, Mr. Welby gained extensive experience in the construction industry as a consultant, estimator and executive at various contracting firms. He is a Registered Professional Engineer in the states of New York and New Jersey (now inactive) as well as an Adjunct Professor of Civil Engineering at Manhattan College and Adjunct Professor of Law at Pace University School of Law.
- Construction Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate & Property Litigation
Admitted to Practice Law in:
- New York
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Southern and Northern Districts of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Second and Federal Circuits
- United States Supreme Court
- Co-Chair, ADR Subcommittee of Construction Lititgation Committee, AVA Section of Litigation
- Construction Management Association of Amereica - Chair, Legal Counsel Committee
- National Construction Dispute Resolution Committee
- Special Counsel to Construction Industry Counsel of Westchester and the Hudson Valley
- Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters
- Best Lawyers, U.S. News and World Report
- Martindale-Hubbell's Preeminent AV Rating
- Chi Epsilon Chapter Honorary Member, Manhattan College
- Distinguished Service Award, Pace Law School
- Bachelor of Engineering - Civil Engineering - Manhattan College
- Master of Science - Geotechnical and Structural Engineering - New York University
- Master of Business Administration - New Mexico Highlands University
- Master of Science - Civil Engineering - Polytechnic Institute of New York
- Juris Doctor degree - Pace University School of Law.