Scan the code above to download contact info
Recent News Published by Gerard P. Brady
- 07/25/2011 - The Perils Of Doing Business With DBES On A Cost Plus...
- 06/01/2011 - Shifting or Accepting the Risk for Differing Site Conditions...
- 11/01/2010 - Strict Compliance With Notice And Reporting Provisions
Gerard P. Brady
Gerard P. Brady, a Partner at Welby, Brady & Greenblatt, LLP, provides counsel in the areas of construction law, lien law and surety law. He is experienced in resolving complex construction-related disputes through mediation, arbitration, litigation in state and federal courts and administrative proceedings mandated by various agencies and public authorities of the states of New York and New Jersey. He has prosecuted and defended numerous extra and additional work claims, delay and impact claims, defective work claims, professional errors and omissions claims, trust fund diversion claims and payment and performance bond claims. Mr. Brady has also served as an arbitrator and mediator for many construction-related disputes. He is a member of the Construction Industry Panel of Arbitrators for the American Arbitration Association. He has received Martindale-Hubbell’s Preeminent AV Rating (Highest Rating Possible in both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards). He has also been recognized by Super Lawyers and Top Attorneys in New York.
Some of Mr. Brady’s more notable cases are North Star Contracting Corp. v. the City of New York, Commercial Electrical Contractors, Inc. v. Pavarini Construction Co., Inc., Board of Managers of the Hudson Street Condominium v. 195 Hudson Street Associates, LLC, et al. and Liberty Electrical Supply Co., Inc. v. National Union Fire Insurance Co. of Pittsburgh, PA.
Mr. Brady is also a Registered Professional Engineer in New York State. Mr. Brady is a frequent speaker on construction law topics in various continuing education courses for attorneys and construction professionals.
- Construction Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate & Property Litigation
Admitted to Practice Law in:
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Southern and Northern Districts of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Construction Industry Panel of Arbitrators for the American Arbitration Association
- President of the Lower Hudson Valley Branch of the American Society of Civil Engineers
- Moles and serves as the Moles’ General Counsel and Chairman of its Publicity Committee
- Martindale-Hubbell’s Preeminent AV Rating (Highest Rating Possible in both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards)
- Recognized by Super Lawyers and Top Attorneys in New York
- Manhattan College, 1977, B.C.E.
- Polytech Institute of New York, 1981, M.S.C.E.
- Pace University Law School, 1985, J.D.