Scan the code above to download contact info
Recent News Published by Kriton A. Pantelidis
Kriton A. Pantelidis
Kriton A. Pantelidis is an associate of Welby, Brady & Greenblatt, LLP. His practice focuses on counseling clients regarding all issues of construction law.
Mr. Pantelidis has experience representing every type of construction project participant, including architects, engineers, general contractors, construction managers, trade contractors, owners, developers, and materials suppliers in complex litigation involving bodily injury, property damage, breach of contract, and commercial economic loss. In addition, Mr. Pantelidis drafts and negotiates various construction and design agreements and advises clients on myriad issues arising out of particular projects (both public and private) including but not limited to professional practice, insurance coverage, payment disputes, scope of work changes, contract interpretation and modification, delays, payment and performance bonds, termination, liens, and intricate intellectual property concerns.
Notable cases Mr. Pantelidis has been involved with include: 1) A multi-million dollar business interruption/engineering malpractice claim involving a billion dollar construction project at the United Nations; 2) The 51st street crane collapse, which engendered an economic loss suit by the developer’s bridge loan lender (for an amount in excess of $60 million) involving a complicated zoning opinion issued by the developer’s architect; 3) A copyright infringement law suit involving a specialty interior design architectural firm, which arose out of the construction of the cosmopolitan hotel in Las Vegas; he was successful in having the case dismissed, a decision upheld by the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit before which he argued personally; and 4) A multi-million dollar construction defect claim arising out of the construction of three condominium buildings on the Brooklyn waterfront, which he was successful in having dismissed.
- Construction Law
- Professional Liability (Architects and Engineers)
- Copyright Law
- Labor and Employment Law
Admitted to Practice Law in:
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- 2017 Rising Star in Construction Litigation by Super Lawyers Metro-Section (one of only thirty-six attorneys).
- Member of the New York Building Congress (“NYBC”) and of the NYBC’s Steering Committee for the Young Professionals Committee.
- Member of the American Council of Engineering Companies’ Legal Counsel Forum.
- Member of the Structural Engineers Association of New York (“SEAoNY”).
- Member of the Publications Committee for SEAoNY’s quarterly magazine, Cross Sections.
- Vice Chair of the Defense Research Institute’s (“DRI”) Special Litigation Group for Design Professionals.
- 2016-2018 DRI Young Lawyers Liaison Chair to the Construction Committee.
- Member of the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (“CLM”).
- Member of the Hellenic American Chamber of Commerce, the Hellenic Lawyers Association, and the American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association.
- “Strict Liability in Connection with Adjoining Property Line Construction.” Cross Sections: 22.3 (Oct 2017): 6. SEAoNY.
- “Professional Misconduct, What Licensed Engineers Should Know.” Cross Sections: 21.3 (Dec 2016): 8. SEAoNY.
- “Understanding Misconduct Proceedings Against Professional Engineers.” The Critical Path: 20.3 (Sep 29 2016). DRI.
- “The Continuous Representation Doctrine.” Cross Sections: 19.1 (Mar 2014): 6. SEAoNY.
- Contributing Researcher/Writer. “New York Chapter Update.” State-by-State Guide to Design and Construction Contracts and Claims, 2nd ed. 2005. Rev. ed. Philadelphia: Aspen Publishers, 2012. Print.
- American Society of Civil Engineers (“ASCE”), Metropolitan Section, Basic Risks of Property Line Construction for Design Professionals in the City of New York (Understanding Your Liability and Responsibilities), Lecturer (December 2017).
- ExecuSummt, 2017 Construction Conference, Interplay Between “Frenemies” on the Job Site, Co-Lecturer (December 2017).
- ASCE, Lower Hudson Valley Branch, Understanding the Regulation of the Profession of Engineering and Misconduct Proceedings Within the New York State Education Department, Lecturer (November 2017).
- American Council of Engineering Companies, Fall Conference, Managing Risk in the Design and Construction of Property Line Building Structures, Co-Lecturer (October 2017).
- DRI, Webinar, Risks of Property Line Construction for Design Professionals, Co-Lecturer (June 2017).
- ExecuSummt, 2016 Construction Conference, Special Considerations for the Defense of Architects and Engineers, Panelist (December 2016).
- National Society of Professional Engineers, Understanding Professional Misconduct, Lecturer (October 2016).
- Construction Financial Management Association, Annual Conference, The Twelve Most Litigated Construction Contract Provisions, Lecturer (June 2016).
- HalfMoon Education, Defining Professional Misconduct, Lecturer (September 2015, December 2015, March 2016).
- SEAoNY, Seminar, The Statutes of Limitations and Repose, Lecturer (January 2016).
- Bachelor of Arts in History with minor concentrations in English Literature, Philosophy, and Art History, magna cum laude - New York University
- Juris Doctor - St. John’s University School of Law