- 11/03/2017 - Is a Restrictive Covenant Contained in a Deed Enforceable?
- 08/01/2017 - Withholding Money for Poor Workmanship and Manufacturing Defects
- 06/01/2016 - Can an Architect Recover for Services Rendered Where There is No Written Contract?
- 05/02/2016 - Can the Arbitration Clause be Enforced if Plaintiff is Suing?
- 04/01/2016 - Can I Privately Settle an Unpaid Wage Claim with my Former Employee?
- 03/01/2016 - Dismissal of Mechanics' Lien Filed in Excess of Amount Owed
- 02/03/2016 - Can the Surety enforce an exclusive forum selection clause in the subcontract agreements between Bond Claimant and Principal?
- 01/04/2016 - Can a valid binding settlement agreement be expressed in a series of emails?
- 12/01/2015 - Without alleging a definite and final communication of the intention to forego performance has the Subcontractor made out a claim for anticipatory breach?
- 11/01/2015 - Does the Statute of Limitations on Subcontractor's claim under a liquidating agreement begin to run upon General Contractor's failure to timely pursue the claim against the Owner?
- 10/01/2015 - Carrier Asserts a Claim Against Surety and General Contractor Pursuant to "the Miller Act" as well as a State Law
- 09/01/2015 - Is Individual Entitled to a Finder's Fee where the Ultimate Transaction only came about through the Intervention of a Third Party?
- 08/01/2015 - Does Sunny's Contract Breach Claim Fall within New York's Statute of Frauds?
- 07/01/2015 - Is Agent Bound in Contract Breach Action without Piercing Corporate Veil?
- 06/01/2015 - Are Oral Settlement Agreements Binding?
- 05/05/2015 - For Mechanics' Liens, the Rights Follow the Money
- 04/01/2015 - Suing to Recover Prevailing Wages
- 03/04/2015 - Subcontractor Claims a Violation of the Prompt Payment Act (PPA)
- 02/02/2015 - Subcontractor's Recovery for Change Order Work is Contractually Limited to Amounts Recovered by General Contractor from Owner
- 01/06/2015 - Proper Sureties Claim
- 12/01/2014 - Subcontractors' Claims Timing
- 11/04/2014 - Advance of Litigation Expenses for Corporation Director
- 10/01/2014 - Employee Breach of Non-Compete Agreement
- 09/02/2014 - Executive Order "Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces"
- 08/01/2014 - Does a Non-Managing Mmember of an LLC Owe any Duty of Good Faith or Loyalty?
- 07/01/2014 - The Difference Between a Liquidating Agreement and a "Pay When Paid" Clause
- 06/03/2014 - Automatic Renewal Provisions
- 05/01/2014 - General Contractor Pay-When-Paid Policy
- 04/01/2014 - Personal Smart Phones for Work Email
- 03/04/2014 - Can a General Contract Assert Claims against an Engineer Hired by a Sub-subcontractor?
- 02/01/2014 - Compelling an Insurer to Produce Claims Diary and Letters
- 01/01/2014 - Is the Guaranty Agreement Signed by the Guarantor Effective?
- 12/01/2013 - Invoking a Forum Selection Clause
- 11/01/2013 - Payment and Performance Bond Surety
- 10/01/2013 - Suing for Negligence Despite Dispute Process in Contract
- 09/01/2013 - Can parties fix a different rate of interest on judgements in New York State?
- 07/01/2013 - Arbitrating Claim Against Employer
- 06/01/2013 - Contractors Omnibus General Liability Insurance Policy
- 05/01/2013 - Sign Alleging Drainage Problem
- 04/01/2013 - When a Lien is Deemed "Willfully Exaggerated"
- 03/01/2013 - Restoration Defense to Trust Funds Diversion Claim
- 02/01/2013 - Insurance Broker Liability
- 01/01/2013 - Third Party Beneficiary Theory
- 12/01/2012 - Surety Bond Filing Discharges Mechanic's Lien
- 11/01/2012 - Prevailing Wage and New York Labor Law Section 220
- 10/01/2012 - Statute of Limitations for Lawsuit Between HOA and Developer
- 09/01/2012 - Supplier Pricing Increases
- 08/01/2012 - Alleged Construction Company Misrepresentation and Fraud
- 06/01/2012 - Ability for Subcontractor to Recover Damages without having a Home Improvement License
- 05/01/2012 - Real Property Actions and Proceedings Law License Entitlement
- 04/01/2012 - Does a contractual forum selection clause trump statute?
- 03/01/2012 - Receipt of Summons and Compliance with Notice Requirement
- 02/01/2012 - New York law regarding referral fees for sale of Real Estate
- 01/01/2012 - Lien Law Expiration
- 12/01/2011 - Mechanic's Liens and Residential Contracting
- 11/01/2011 - Entitlement of Lender to Recover on a Promissory Note and Individual Guaranty
- 10/01/2011 - Question of Intrepreting a 90 Day Cancelation Policy in a Service Contract
- 09/01/2011 - Does the identification of a single address in liens result in a blanket lien so that Owner can seek discharge and cancellation of liens as "blanket liens" improperly filed against the entire property?
- 07/01/2011 - Is Consultant's claim for breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing duplicative of his breach of contract action?
- 06/01/2011 - Is an insured entitled to attorney fees incurred in litigating and defending against an insurer's "late notice" claim, raised for the first time as an affirmative defense in litigation?
- 05/01/2011 - Is General Contractor entitled to coverage from Subcontractor's Carrier?
- 04/01/2011 - Can the Court direct the bank to turn over funds, up to amount of judgment, held in a German bank account?
- 03/01/2011 - Does lack of actual receipt of a summons excuse insured from complying with notice requirement?
- 02/01/2011 - Limited Liability Company Fiduciary Duty Improprieties
- 01/01/2011 - Does the Owner's request for detailed information go beyond the scope of Section 38's requirements?
- 08/01/2010 - May Lender seeking to enforce guaranty against nonresident guarantors of loan attach ownership/membership interests in various out-of-state business entities?
- 07/01/2010 - Can a Contractor and manufacturer of equipment avoid liability by shortening the time frame within which the Owner may bring claims against them?
- 06/01/2010 - Can Contractor be disqualified from bidding for a contract to supply replacement parts wHere the specifications are written such that there is only one viable?
- 05/01/2010 - Are the documents relating to the latter "privileged" so that in the context of litigation they need not be produced to the contractors making claims?
- 04/01/2010 - Are Homeowners liable to a construction worker who was injured while working on their home renovation project?
- 03/01/2010 - Is the assignment to employee of additional work after a co-worker left an "adverse employment action," for the employee to create a case of retaliation under both Title VII and New York Human Rights Law?
- 02/01/2010 - Buyer and seller's e-mail exchange was not an enforceable written agreement.
- 01/01/2010 - Does equitable subrogation apply or did the second mortgage cease to be a valid lien so that it may be canceled as a cloud on title?
- 12/15/2009 - Second Mortgage Bank seeks to foreclose...
- 11/15/2009 - Contractor alleges Subcontractor's union harassed...
- 10/15/2009 - No Oral Modification of Loan Agreement
- 09/15/2009 - Failure to dispute account stated leads to quick results for creditor.
- 08/15/2009 - Does a renewal judgment lien secured for a second 10-year period take effect nunc pro tunc on the expiration date of the original lien, cutting off the property interests of intervening mortgages?
- 06/15/2009 - Can a California Consultant compel Developer in New York Federal court to submit a dispute to arbitration pursuant to an unsigned agreement?
- 05/15/2009 - The Owner can make claim as equitable subrogee to the rights of the Town under the payment and performance bonds posted by Contractor.
- 04/15/2009 - Subcontractor's Written Agreement Releasing All Claims Valid on Pre-Termination Claims
- 03/15/2009 - Architect Copyright
- 02/15/2009 - Lien Law and Bankruptcy
- 01/15/2009 - Inspection of House.
- 10/15/2008 - Timely Commencement of Lien Foreclosure
- 09/19/2008 - Timely Objection to Arbitration
- 08/18/2008 - Preverdict Interest
- 07/18/2008 - E-mail & Condo Fraud
- 05/19/2008 - Attorney Fees
- 05/18/2008 - Waiver Issues
- 04/18/2008 - Indemnification
- 03/18/2008 - No Damage for Delay
- 02/18/2008 - Cutting of Neighbor Trees
- 01/18/2008 - Deposit not Partial Performance
- 12/18/2007 - Notice Under Private Payment Bonus
- 11/14/2007 - Post Judgement Interest
- 10/19/2007 - Merger Doctrine
- 09/14/2007 - Warranty Vs Breach of Contract
- 08/14/2007 - Battle of the Forms
- 06/01/2007 - Joint Checks
- 05/18/2007 - Statutory Warranty
- 04/20/2007 - Commercial Lease Indemnification Clause
- 03/19/2007 - Choice of Entity: Organizing Your Business (Part 2)
- 02/19/2007 - Choice of Entity: Organizing Your Business (Part 1)
- 01/19/2007 - Contract was rendered nullity when vendors did not respond by prescribed to purchaser's settlement proposal.
- 12/16/2006 - Lessee has no obligation to lessor for defective equipment.
- 11/14/2006 - Commercial General Liability
- 10/14/2006 - Restrictive Covenant in Employment
- 09/14/2006 - Notifying Insurer and Agent
- 08/14/2006 - Statutory Limitations for Challenging Local Laws
- 06/27/2006 - Implied Indemnification
- 05/23/2006 - Arbitration not Mandatory
- 04/18/2006 - Real Estate Binders
- 03/20/2006 - Lien Waivers
- 02/20/2006 - AIA Contracts
- 01/20/2006 - Late Start not Breach of Contract