CONSTRUCTION LAW & LITIGATION
Construction law involves the unique application of many different general bodies of law to solve industry specific challenges. In today’s market, virtually all complex construction projects are affected by legal challenges. Efficient and experienced legal guidance assists all phases of any successful project.
Our comprehensive construction law services include:
* Drafting and review of contract documents
* Preparation of Project Specific Manuals to ensure timely compliance with contractual and statutory requirements
* Representation in bidding & other procurement disputes
* Consultation on claims and claim avoidance techniques
* Establishment of strong offensive and defensive positions in anticipation of litigated claims
* Development of innovative negotiation strategies for project completion and minimize claims exposure
* Consultation on job-related problems, workouts, liens and default situations
* Navigation of OSHA-related issues including OSHA citations, informal conferences, notice of contest, expedited proceedings, administrative hearings and appeals
* Assisting clients pursue payments due by, for example, making bond claims and filing Mechanics’ Liens
* Assistance in selection and supervision of outside technical consultants to evaluate claims
* Representation in trials, appeals, mediations, arbitration proceedings, contract responsibility determinations and debarments
REAL ESTATE & LAND DEVELOPMENT
The Tri-State area’s real estate landscape has become increasingly more complex through the implementation of new laws and regulations. We recognize these challenges and understand that personal attention is the cornerstone to navigating the New York real estate market.
Our real estate development team handles:
* Sales, purchases, leases & option agreements involving shopping centers, apartment and office buildings, homes, cooperatives and condominium apartments
* Counseling in all areas of real estate financing
* Preparation of construction-related contracts, both for private & governmental projects
* Representation in trials, appeals, mediations and arbitrations concerning real estate controversies, rent escalation disputes, electrical auditing, eviction proceedings & other landlord-tenant issues
EMPLOYMENT & LABOR PRACTICE GROUP
Our Employment & Labor Practice Group works interactively with each of our other practice areas to advise our clients on a wide array of labor and employment matters. We are able to offer a full range of legal services that are integrated and tailored to meet the needs of each client.
Our experience with labor & employment law includes:
* Day-to-day advice and counseling covering employee discharge & discipline, whistleblower claims, preparation of employee handbooks, preparing & negotiating employment agreements and collective bargaining
* Traditional labor-management relations including collective bargaining, union campaigns & strike preparation and union organizing
* Reviewing regulations concerning employee health & safety
MEDIATION & ARBITRATION
Mediation and arbitration are often less time-consuming, more cost-efficient dispute resolution tools. Our attorneys are trained in and have extensive experience as Mediators and Arbitrators for construction disputes.
Our attorneys are qualified to handle private mediations and arbitrations as well as dispute resolution for the American Arbitration Association.
About Welby, Brady & Greenblatt LLP Welby, Brady & Greenblatt LLP represents a wide range of entities within the construction and real estate industries including general contractors, subcontractors, sureties, developers, owners, suppliers, engineers, and home owners with core competencies, such as construction law and litigation, real estate development, labor law, OSHA compliance and mediation and arbitration. The firm is headquartered in White Plains, New York with offices in Cranford, New Jersey and Stamford, Connecticut. The firm’s website can be found at www.wbgllp.com.